First Year of Marriage doesn't have to be Horrible (3)

My name is Oluwakemi Sogunle-Ogundimu,a nutritionist by profession ,a daughter of Zion, very passionate about God, married to my husband Taiwo and blessed with two adorable kids.

 Yes! The first year of marriage…….
Can be liken to the foundation laying when building a structure, and like a typical first time builder or someone who just got a piece of land and is so excited about building, different thoughts about what should, or would be, will fill the person's heart. At this point, It is imperative to pause and think; What quality, Type and kind of structure do I really want to pull. An amazing edifice?  Just a normal structure? Outdated building? All these will determine what goes into the natural building of that structure; same as in marriage; what happens in the first year cements the foundation laying, if care is not taken this may be the issue that could rock the marriage even before it starts.
  
The book of Joshua 3:4 talks about not passing through a particular route hence need for utmost guidance, so as the first 365days of marriage. I will say 365 days learning and understanding ABC of my spouse. How do I learn? Like elementary, we do visuals and sound, as well as basic principles. Do unto others (your partner) like I would love to be treated; I want to be helped when I need help, help your spouse. I like my little fault to be overlooked and not be labored, Do likewise. I love to be loved irrespective of my mood, do same. I want to be listened to, listen to your spouse. I hate to be given attitudes, don’t give attitude. It a simple law and it works.
    Be open minded, nothing hidden, laugh at each other’s mistakes, be real. The length of courtship doesn't determine how beautiful your marriage will be, but how you both make it come to play being very pure at heart.
  
Once you are married, it is important to know your actions and reactions will be questionable, and you are answerable, so be very careful. Whenever you are in doubt of anything, Ask questions!  Your partner isn't a spirit, if you don’t talk about what is wrong, they may not be able to figure it out.
  Our different background is one major issue that causes rifts in the first year; have in mind that yours isn’t superior to the other. It is just about what we were differently exposed to, so bring such to the table, pick what will work from each background for the new home that is formed.

 Never let the sun do down on your wrath. Always resolve issues before the next day, it saves a lot of headaches and your peace is very well guaranteed.
 Also, the magic words we learnt as kids will do a lot of wonder in the initial days of living together as a couple; Please ,excuse me, sorry ,thank you and pardon me will clear doubts in your partners mind and reveal to them how much they are valued

 Above all, praying together helps reduce the severity of hitches we may likely experience, you can't be praying together and remain at loggerheads over issues; can two walk together except they agree?
                   




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now We are Married, What Next?

There is no such thing as a PERFECT MARRIAGE!

How to communicate with your spouse in the midst of strong opinion